I am investigating the implementation of electronic reserves for our
library, and would like to draw upon the wisdom of those of you who have
gone before me.  I am particularly interested in the ins and outs of
providing copyrighted materials (articles and book chapters) under fair
use guidelines to distant learners.  I welcome any observations and
caveats, horror and success stories, but also have a few specific
questions:

--Do electronic files live on a library server?  Are they accessible
through faculty course web pages?  Both?

--How are users authenticated to protect copyright?

--Who is responsible for providing electronic files?  Faculty?  Library
staff?

--Aside from a scanner and computer, are there other equipment needs?

--Do you have an electronic reserves policy you would be willing to
share?

--Are there important questions I should be asking, but am not?

If you would like to respond to me directly, I can summarize later for
the list.  I appreciate any and all input.

Thanks,
Tom
--
Tom Riedel