Peter ... et al. --

NH is not an official LC classification. As a matter of fact, it is
an ARLIS/NA publication. It grew out of dissatisfaction with TR. If
you looked at ARLIS/NA newsletters from the late 1970s (?), I bet you
could find an article or notice in a CISSIG column about NH's
development.

Though quite a few libraries use NH, I discovered when I analyzed it
for the Amon Carter that we'd have to add as much technical stuff to
NH as we'd want to add artistic stuff to TR (the Getty does have a
much expanded version of NH, with technical numbers most of the
additions). The Amon Carter stayed with TR with some tweaks.

Sherman Clarke
NYU Libraries