Judy,

There is a brief entry on this artist in the Dictionary of Victorian
Painters (Dictionary of British Art, Vol 4).

Dominy, J. S. fl. 1865-1876

Painter of rustic subjects and coast scenes.  exhib. five pictures each at
the Royal Academy and the Royal Society of British Artists, Suffolk Street.
Titles:  Help by the Wayside, etc.  Lived in London and Great Yarmouth and
late moved to York where he taught at the Government Art School.

This is the only source I consulted.  Unfortunately, there is no listing of
works or bibliographic citations in this dictionary.   I expect I could find
more with a little more time to search.  Please let me know if you need me
to pursue this.

Deborah Barlow Smedstad
Head Librarian
Los Angeles County Museum of Art