ARLIS/NY would like to welcome all members of the now-defunct New Jersey
chapter and extend a free membership for this year to those who would
like to join us.

If you would like to take advantage of this free offer to join ARLIS/NY
and get the newsletter as well as participate in our activities, please
reply to me and I will send you a membership form to fill out so we can
get your name, address, etc. You will return it to Judy Connorton,
ARLIS/NY membership chair, and then you will be on our list.

We are planning a number of activities this year which will be of interest
to many people- In May we will be traveling to the Newark Museum thanks
to the efforts of William Penniston, Librarian. It will be celebrating
its 90th anniversary and we will view an exhibition on the founding of the
Museum by its first director, John Cotton Dana, as well as some smaller
exhibitions throughout the Museum highlighting the development of the
various departments.

This summer we will also be making a fieldtrip to the Gustav Stickley
home/studio Craftsman Farms in Parsippany. We expect a crowd for this
exciting tour!

If you know of any ARLIS/NJ members who are not connected to ARLIS-L
and may not get this would you either pass this on or let me know so I can
send them a note?

Cheers,

Ted Goodman
ARLIS/NY Chair 1999