Hi Stan,

The Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising in Los Angeles
has a video collection of fashion shows.  You might try calling them
to see if they know who this person is.  The director of the library
is Kaycee Hale, I believe.

Miranda Haddock
Western Michigan University

>>> Stan Shiebert <[log in to unmask]> 04/15/99 04:59PM >>>
----------------------------Original
message----------------------------
We are looking for the name for the person who gives the running
commentary on a fahion show, as the models come down the runway,
like
Evangeline Elliott in the House of Elliott. I understand they are
now
obsolete, being superseded by loud rock music. O tempora, O mores!
We have
looked in all our many books on fashion without success. Any
suggestions
gratefully received.

Stanley Shiebert
        Librarian                       PHONE:  (206) 386-4615
        Fine and Performing Arts        FAx:  (206) 386-4616
        Seattle Public Library
        1000 Fourth Avenue              INTERNET:  [log in to unmask]

        Seattle, WA 98104