Help Catalogers, et al.!

Can someone point me towards an LC web site that will explain why the NH
class was developed and what it means for the TR class?  I searched through
the LC space but did not have any luck.  Still searching.

The Cataloging Policy and Support Office's page

http://lcweb.loc.gov/catdir/cpso/cpso.html#tools

does not even list NH in its class. outline.

It seems that most of our photo material is still coming in as TR's, but
once in a while an NH slips in.  Are any of you reclassifying all incoming
NH's as TR's?  Or are you permitting your stacks to develop two photography
sections?  Please note the following note from our tech. services dept.  I
would be very interested in hearing how your are handling this issue in your
local collections.

Regards,

Peter Blank