Hello ARLIS Collective Wisdom.

Lots and Lots of folks have requested that I post the results of my query
about dealers of OP Photography Books and web sites for OP Art/Photography
books. So here is a summary going back to the list...thanks again to all
who responded...since the respondants replied to me directly, I'll try to
preserve confidentiality.

Margaret Ericson
Head, Bixler Art and Music Library
Colby College
[log in to unmask] 207-872-3232

---FRED & ELIZABETH PAJERSKI 250 W 24th St #4GE, New York, NY 10011,
tel/fax 212/255-6501. By appointment. [log in to unmask]

"Extensive selection of primary and secondary literature on
photography. In-print, out-of-print, imported, antiquarian, 19th and
20th century. Individual books and collections bought. Free catalogs."

Someone else says .."an essential dealer in out-of-print photography books.
His selection is probably the largest, prices the best and  knowledge the
greatest.  Pajerski is most highly regarded and recommended."

---(http://www.bookfinder.com) "It searches several OP book search engines,
which search hundreds of OP book dealers. It also searches Amazon.com which
lets [one] know if there is a new edition available. Sometimes, Amazon is
the only one that lists an OP book...[have] gotten a few directly from them
at what
seems like a reasonable price. Everyone here has been very pleased ...."

---HARVEY ZUCKER, A Photographer's Place 133 Mercer St., NY, NY
10012 (212)966-2356.

---Photo-Eye in Santa Fe, New Mexico (http://www.photoeye.com)

---J.B. Muns, Fine Arts Books, 1162 Shattuck Avenue, Berkeley, CA 94707
(510.525.2420)(Fax: 510.525.1126). Catalogue 167 Photography Books.

---Andrew Cahan  [many recommendations for this dealer]
3000 Blueberry Lane
Chapel Hill, NC, 27516
telephone: +1 (919) 968-0538
fax: +1 (919) 968-3517
eMail: [log in to unmask]
http://www.cahanbooks.com

....they are "op photography book dealers and have thousands of photo
books!  ...have a website (http://www.cahanbooks.com) where you can browse
lists or use [the] search engine to look up titles.  Not all ...titles are
listed yet....have a very large backlog of books
that have yet to be catalogued. If you do not see what you are
looking for, send ....an email ([log in to unmask]), fax (919-968-3517)
or call (919-968-0538)." They sponsor the Photography Travel Award for the
ARLIS conference and are members of ABAA.

---Someone kindly did a search on this site and posted the results to me:
too numerous to replicate here:

        ..."Check out the dealers by specialty photography listings on":
http://www.abaa-booknet.com/

        "Find ABAA Members and ILAB booknet-international Affiliates by
Specialty". Search on Photography:

---for O.P. over the net:
Worldwide Books -- http://www.worldwide.com
Ars Libri -- http://www.arslibri.com/
ArtsBib -- http://www.artsbib.com/home.html

---more general, but worth checking:

Bibliofind -- http://www.bibliofind.com/
MX Book Finder -- http://www.mxbf.com/

--Stephen T. Rose [log in to unmask]

---"Here are 3 very good resources in NYC. Hope this helps"

Hacker Art Books 212-688-7600

Ursus Books Ltd. 212-722-8787

Printed Matter 212-925-0325

---Dawson's Book Shop, 535 North Larchmont Blvd., Los Angeles, CA  90004
email [log in to unmask]   website http://www.dawsonbooks.com
phone 323-469-2186......"[have] got their catalog 541 in front of me, all
Photography books.  Last of the family run bookstores left in LA, they've
been around a very long time.  Nice folks"

--- (http://www2.alibris.com)

HAPPY HUNTING OUT THERE!  Margaret