---Alex Ross <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Colleagues,
> I wondered if anyone has dealt with (or thought about) a
recent Christie's auction catalog development that we are
trying to decide how to handle?

We just print 'em out and glue 'em in.  It doesn't look
gorgeous, but as long as the information is there no one seems
to care.  The problem we had with this was just figuring out
what was going on!  Repeated emails to Christie's asking why
the price lists had stopped coming and if they would ever send
them again went unanswered.  We just started printing them
from the website on our own.

According to our assistant librarian, Sotheby's has also
ceased sending price lists (emails and letters to them have
also gone unaswered), so we print those out, too.
Occasionally, a price list from Sotheby's does show up, but
there's no pattern to it. Just yesterday, a new auction
catalog came in, with a price list from a previous, completely
different, sale enclosed.

Our library assistant has now developed a little routine for
printing out and tipping in the price lists.  She likes
working on the 'net and it's something new and different for
her, as well as a break from her usual shelving and filing
duties, so it's not a problem.

==
Kathleen M. Stacey
Head Librarian, Walters Art Gallery