If you are an art museum library director, I hope you'll come to the
discussion group on Saturday, March 27th from 12:30 - 2:00.
We usually all sit in a giant circle, and each person says what the top two
issues of concern are for them in their libraries at that moment.  However,
we don't have much time left for discussion.  This year I thought we could
try getting together a short list of about 5 topics to discuss, break up
into 4 groups, then report back at the end.  The recorder in each group
could also write a summary of  their group's discussion for an article in
Update.
Here are a few topics I've gathered so far:
What should the library do about cataloging the rare books held by other
departments in the museum?
If you were told you were going to have a new branch library to manage,
what would you do ?
Is it feasible to allocate funds for the different curatorial areas?  If
yes, how is the amount set?
How do you work with your curators on book selection?
Please let me know if you like these questions; if you have other
questions; or if you prefer the old format.  I'd love some feedback!
Jeannette
Jeannette Dixon
Librarian & Electronic Communications Director
Museum of Fine Arts, Houston