We have been searching for advice regarding a computerized system of
documentation for our collection. Presently all our documentation exists
on paper, which is most unsatisfactory for general day-to-day duties;
exhibitions; research and conservation. Unfortunately, local advice is
limited as most of the institutions are in the same situation.

Is there a specific software package, suited to our needs, that can be
recommended? Our collection comprises of about 6000 works in total which
includes paintings, artworks on paper, photographs, sculpture, ceramics
and ethnographic objects (basketry, beadwork etc.)

We would greatly appreciate any assistance or advice.

Sincerely,
Jenny Stretton
Musuem Technician, Durban Art Gallery