----------------------------Original message---------------------------- Colleagues: I am grateful for all the price information on the new Benezit but, not having received any information on the new edition, I must raise the issue as to how the new edition is an improvement over the 1976 edition and how it compares with the Dictionary of Art, especially in view of the new on-line DOA. Is it really necessary to buy the new Benezit or should we add some more money to the 700USD and commit our limited resources to the DOA on-line? I realize that DOA is a continuing commitment whereas the new Benezit is a one time purchase but we still have to make choices. Is the new Benezit worth the money when compared to DOA (and other reference tools that might be in development)? If someone has an announcement for the new Benezit would you please FAX it to me at (860)486-3593 if it is of a convenient size that would permit a FAX copy? Thanks in advance for the announcement and any other information that helped you make a decision on the side of purchasing the new Benezit.-----tom Thomas J. Jacoby Art & Design Librarian, U-5AD Art, Landscape Architecture & Medieval Studies Bibliographer University of Connecticut Libraries 369 Fairfield Road Storrs, CT 06269-1005 U.S.A. Phone:(860)486-2787; Voice Mail:(860)486-1243 FAX:(860)486-3593; E-Mail: [log in to unmask]