The Carnegie Institute consists of the following:

        Carnegie Museum of Art
        Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh
        Carnegie Natural History Museum
        Carnegie Music Hall

        The Andy Warhol Museum (not in the Oakland portion of the city and
        added to The Carnegie Institute in 1994)

        The Carnegie Science Center (not in Oakland portion of the city)

Andrew Carnegie was the "father of public libraries" in our country and
the very first Carnegie libraries were near Pittsburgh.  I am personally
hoping that we receive a program proposal that deals with the rich library
history in Pittsburgh.

Please watch the ARLIS 2000 conference web site for links to many
Pittsburhg museums and libraries.  It will expand during the coming weeks
and months to provide you with information on the Pittsburgh conference
and the city.

                                Ray Anne Lockard
                         Head, Frick Fine Arts Library
                           University Library System
                            University of Pittsburgh
                             Pittsburgh, PA  15260
                              Voice:  412-648-2410
                                Fax:  412-648-7568
                          E-mail:  [log in to unmask]

                A book should be a ball of light in one's hands.
                                   Ezra Pound