----------------------------Original message---------------------------- I have found the "Beauty on the Web" nominations interesting and fun to look at. However, I must admit that as well designed as the sites are I do not find them beautiful, and I think that has something to do with the limitations of the web as a medium (as well as my own personal preferences). I do not have the latest and greatest monitor so that may be part of the problem, but the reproductions of paintings seem flat and lacking texture. In addition, the rendering of colors is often not very accurate. Several well designed sites that I have seen were difficult to read because the contrast between the background and the text or graphics was not good. Although I have heard that a lot of designers like black backgrounds, I don't think they work well. At least not for me. Contrary points of view are welcome. Karen