Two events at the King Library, the first coming up next. Tuesday.  For
further info. please contact Debra Truhart at 202-727-1186.

Tuesday March 23, 1999  6:30p.m.
        Martin Luther King Memorial Library
        Room A-5
        901  G  Street, NW
M.E. "Bud" Yeck, practicing designer and ASID member, will give a slide
lecture on "The Power of Color".  Mr. Yeck will show how a dark, 18th-cent.
house was transformed, without losing its original character, through the
use of color, and also explore how the use of color affects mood, space,
purpose, and atmosphere.

Tuesday May 18, 1999    6:30 p.m.
        Martin Luther King Memorial Library
        Room A-5
        901  G  Street, NW
Linda Lyons, a board member and co-chair of the preservation committee of
the Art Deco Society of Washington, will give a slide lecture on
"Washington's Wonderful Art Deco Architecture".  A surprising number of
buildings in the Art Deco style were built in the capital area from the
1920s through the 1940s.

ARLIS DC/MD/VA members:  if you would like to "cover" these events for the
chapter newsletter, we would love to hear from you!  I'm hoping to produce
an interesting issue sometime after the Vancouver conference.  Please
consider sharing your adventures at home or afield, for all to savor.
E-mail preferred, but not mandatory!

With thanks from your humble editor,
8-) Julia

Julia Wisniewski catalogs art books at:

  University of Maryland Libraries         Away from Fools I'll turn my Eyes,
  College Park MD  20742-7011              Nor with the Scoffers go;
  [log in to unmask]                      I would be walking with the Wise,
  http://www.wam.umd.edu/                  That wiser I may grow.
           ~jwisniew/homepage.html                  -- Isaac Watts