Dear List:

This is perhaps my first real us of this forum, and I'm hoping it
proves to be the great resource that it has promised to be so far.

As an introduction, I am a MLS student who happens to already be
employed in a library I love, ... but I still have many questions. I
am especially interested in library practices in Australia, New
Zealand, UK, and Germany.

The questions I would like to post to this list are:

In the above mentioned countries, what is the educational process
through which one is a qualified librarian? Are there additional
qualifications needed to be an art librarian?

What are the typical staff sizes, collection sizes, hours, and
policies for visitation.

Suggestions of library web pages to visit could be as helpful as
actual responses.

Please feel free to respond off list.

Many thanks in advance,

Kent C.Boese