The Phoenix Art Museum will be receiving a large body of an artist's art
work and also the archives, the entire contents of which are not known
at this time but that does contain the artist's papers and a toy
collection that has inspired the artist in his work.

I have related questions about collections management and cataloging,
and storage and access that I would like to ask any responding
Librarians directly.  I am also interested in feedback to the following:

Do any of you manage collections that include archives that contain
works of art or other types of object collections?

Are any of these collections or parts of collections on permanent public
view in theft proof display cases, cabinets, drawers, etc.?

Have any of you had experiences with an artist's work and archives being
donated to an institution and the contents of the donation divided
between the library and other departments within the institution for
purposes of collections management, or does your institution own
collections that have been divided up in this or another way?

Thank you in advance for your time.  Please respond directly to me.

Genni Houlihan
Librarian
Phoenix Art Museum
1625 N. Central Avenue