Hello colleagues,

The CCA Library has been collecting competition briefs for international and
national architecture, landscape architecture, urban planning, and
site-specific public art competitions for just over 10 years. We are
currently reviewing this collection policy, partly in light of the fact that
more and more competitions are using websites to present the competition
brief, either as a complement to the printed documentation, or as the sole
source of information.

We would be interested in knowing whether any other libraries, or archives,
collect competition briefs or other documentation (not published monographs,
but perhaps submissions, etc.) in a systematic fashion. We would also be very
interested in hearing what ideas you might have for "dealing with" online
competition briefs, which are here today, but possibly gone tomorrow.

Printing out the sites has been suggested, but in some cases the multiplicity
of links make this daunting - not to mention losing the "feeling", in terms
of medium, colour, etc. There is also the question of the stablity of
laser printed documents.

We would also be interested in hearing about any direct experience with
archiving websites.

Please send replies to me directly and I will summarize for the list (if
anyone else is interested).

Thanks!

Renata

Renata Guttman