----------------------------Original message---------------------------- Here's a little historical background. I think it was back in the 70s/early 80s that we last taped ARLIS/NA conference sessions and sold the tapes. We tried this for 2-3 years. It was *extremely* expensive, due to the hotel charges for enough microphones in each room, renting the tape recorders, various other hotel fees (including having to pay for the hotel technicians to plug everything in), etc. Unfortunately, not enough of the tapes actually sold for ARLIS to break even, much less show a slight profit, and HQ ended up with boxes of unsold tapes. Quality was sometimes uneven, and if presenters showed slides, the tapes didn't make much sense. That all said, perhaps it's time to revisit the subject. Although it may be too late for Vancouver, perhaps the Pittsburgh committee could at least investigate the possibility of taping and see what the costs would be. Personally, I would be interested in buying tapes for a couple of important sessions that I can't make due to conflicts. Here's an off-the-wall idea--why don't we Webcast all the sessions? (just joking) Amy Amy Navratil Ciccone University of Southern California Los Angeles, CA 90089-0182 [log in to unmask] 213-740-1958 (voice) 213-749-1221 (fax)