Although this recommendation may "over address"  the question on scanner
policies, I have recently found two guides from ALA's Library
Information and Technology Association (LITA) that are proving very
helpful in our library's grappling with digitizing projects.  They are:

Digital Imaging of Photographs:  A Practical Approach to Workflow Design
and Project Management by Lisa A. Macklin and Sarah L. Lockmiller.  LITA
Guides #4, ALA, 1999.    58 pages.

Getting Mileage out of Metadata:  Applications for the Library by Jean
Hudgins, GRace Agnew, and Elizabeth Brown. LITA Guides #5, ALA, 1999.
80 pages.

Maryhelen Jones
Director, Fogeslon Library
College of Santa Fe

--
Maryhelen Jones   | Email:  [log in to unmask]
Director, Fogelson Library | Phone:  (505) 473-6576