I got the 10th edition (1998) of _Frommer's Canada_ from the public
library this weekend. This is what they have to say about the Hotel
Vancouver:

"...the city's grande dame has been restored beyond her former glory.
Designed on a generous scale, the Vancouver has a feeling of luxury and
spaciousness. The rooms have marble baths and mahogany furnishings and
offer city, harbor, and mountain views. Most have been equipped for
business travelers, featuring dedicated fax and modem lines, speaker
phones, coffeemakers, and desk supplies..." [according to the hotel web
site we also get hair dryers, bathrobes and irons & ironing boards]

One of its restaurants. 900 West, is described as "one of Vancouver's
hottest new fine-dining restaurants."

All this and no time zone change. This trip is looking better and
better. Now if I can just get that pesky paper written....

Edith Crowe
San Jose State University