Ray Ann,

Here are some suggestions:

Amaki, Amalia K.  The all black exhibition in America, 1963-1976: its
history, perception, and critical response.  Thesis (PhD)--Emory
University, 1994.

From Art Documentation:

        IFLA Exhibition Catalogues Conference, Florence, 1988, 8 no.
2:70-71 Summer '89  (perhaps there was a session on history with refs.).

By the way--I have found the Art Documentation Cumulative Index: Vols. 1-6
1982-1987 useful on several occasions.  Even though Art Doc now is covered
by indexing services, I would like to see another printed cumulative index
starting with Vol. 1 that I can keep at my desk!  I guess that's asking a
lot, tho!

Ruth Thomas,
Art History Bibliographer
Mugar Memorial Library