Hi Catherine,
I am currrently working as a part-time reference libarian at Gimbel
Library, Parsons School of Design and also have an interest in cartoons
and comics.  The following addresses should help you with finding
graphic novels and bound collections of ongoing series that in being
brought together in this format read like a graphic novel.
Friends of Lulu, an organization dedicated to comics by and for women,
but including many men, has an excellent catalog which can be ordered
from their website:  http://www.friends-lulu.org
Fantagraphics Books Ultimate Comics Catalog is great and includes works
about cartoons and comics as well as actual works:
http://www.fantagraphics.com/
Finally, the Cartoon Research Library at Ohio State University
Libraries is an excellent reference resource:
http://www.lib.ohio-state.edu/Lib_Info/CGA.html
Feel free to contact me again if you think I can be of help.
Enjoy and good luck,
Linda Marchand

>>> "Catherine M. Donaldson [AIS x160 ]" <[log in to unmask]> 02/11
4:56 PM >>>
----------------------------Original
message----------------------------
Colleagues:

I'm looking for any publishers' directories that may list comic art
book
publishers, graphic book publishers (i.e., book length comics like
MAUS).
Literary Market Place doesn't seem to fit.

If you know of any, please share the tips.

Thank you

Cathy Donaldson
Art Institute of Seattle
library director