Le nom précis de la fille de Louise-Élisabeth Vigée-Lebrun est :
Jeanne-Julie-Louise LeBrun

        ----------
        De:  Tara Carlisle [SMTP:[log in to unmask]]
        Date d'envoi:  21 janvier, 1999 12:25
        A:  [log in to unmask]
        Objet:  Re: Henriette Vigee-Lebrun

        I do not know anything about a Henriette Vigee-Lebrun, but I do know
        that Elizabeth Vigee-Lebrun had a daughter named Julie who died in
her
        twenties or thirties and was childless.

        -Tara Carlisle
        University of North Texas Libraries

        >>> "C. Smeenk" <[log in to unmask]> 01/21 10:53 AM >>>
        At 12:42 1/20/99 -0500, you wrote:

        > Does Henriette Vigee-Lebrun exist?  We have a self-portrait
        attributed
        > to her but except for a the ULAN which list an H. Vigee, I can
find
        no
        > trace. The image would be contemporary with Elizabeth
Vigee-Lebrun.

        > Thanks, Peggy

        Hallo Peggy,

        Though I am an architectural historian with a great interest in
        painting, I
        have the courage to give you a possible solution for your problem.

        Marie-Louise Elisabeth VIGEE - Lebrun had one child, a daughter,
from
        the
        marriage with Jean-Baptiste Pierre Lebrun which lasted from 1776
till
        1794
        this could be your Henriette Lebrun (see: Benezit, Dictionnaire des
        Peintres, Sculpteurs, etc., Nouvelle Edition, vol. 8, 1960-1964)
        though
        there is no name mentioned.

        Another possibility is the paintress (portraitiste) Henriette
Perrard
        LEBRUN
        who exhibited -according to E.Benezit: Dictionnaire etc., Nouvelle
        Edition,
        1960-1964, vol.5, page 461- her portraits in the Salon of 1848 and
        1850.

        Last night I happened to read in a Dutch weekly a review of a book
        about
        selfportraits of female artists. I can not remember the title at
this
        moment, but I will sent it to you tomorrow. The article was
        illustrated with
        a selfportrait of madame Elisabeth Vigee - Lebrun.

        Success,

        Chris Smeenk ( Delft University of Technology, The Netherlands)