One of the faculty members is planning a visit to Cuba, and he would like to
have all possible information on schools/departments of architecture there.
Our library is trying to construct/maintain a list of architecture schools
of the world, but unfortunately, it does not contain the URLs of any Cuban
schools yet.

Can any of you help with some information? He wants
- name and address of the schools
- telephone, fax, e-mail, URL ...
- contact person, if possible

In other words, enough information to contact them!

This is what we have done so far:

1. Tried to find something on the WWW. It takes time ... therefore I hope
some of you know and will let me benefit from your wisdom!
2. Looked in our 1988-edition of "Ecoles d'architecture dans le monde" from UIA.
3. Looked in our 1998-edition of "The World of learning"

This is what we have found. Please, correct the list, and add to it all
information you may have. We will be most grateful:

1. (1988-info) Universidad de la Habana, Escuela de Arquitectura,
address: Ciudad Universitaria "Jose Antonio Echevarria" Central "Martinez
Prieto", Marianao, LA HABANA
contact person:
tel:                    fax:                    e-mail:
2. (1988-info) Universidad "Jose Antonio Maceo" de Oriente, Escuela de
Arquitectura,
address: Santiago de Cuba, Oriente Cuba(?)
contact person:
tel:                    fax:                    e-mail:
3. (1988-info) Universidad Central de Las Villas, Escuela de Arquitectura
address: SANTA CLARA, Provincia de Las Villas
contact person:
tel:                    fax:                    e-mail:
4. (1998-info) Universidad de Camagüey, Department of Architecture
address: Carretera a Camajuani, CP 54830, Santa Clara, Villa Clara
contact person:
tel:+(422) 81178   fax: +(422) 81608   e-mail: [log in to unmask]
5.(1998-info) Instituto Superior Politecnico "Jose Antonio Echeverria",
school of architecture
(this looks very similar to no. 1 on my list, perhaps it is the same)
address: Calle 127, s/n, CUJAE, Marianao, CP 19390, Havana

contact person:
tel:+20-0641-51    fax: +332429                  e-mail:
Hoping to hear from you!

Kjersti Lie
Scientific librarian/architect
The NTNU Library
Faculty Library of Arch./Civ.eng./Math.sci.
N-7034 TRONDHEIM
NORWAY

tel.: +47 73 59 51 60
fax.: +47 73 59 88 10