Dear Stan,

Sorry for the delay. I have been for a fortnight out of office.

We have received Wofsy's Picasso catalogue raisonné 6 volumes till now and I
would agree with Marilyn Heale that this is an art research library book
series and I would add that this should be a must in all of them, unless
they already have the Zervos catalogue (1932-1978 in 34 volumes).

They have started in 1917 Picasso original works, which was a wise decision
because previous works are inventoried more in depth in other reference
sources (Pierre Daix, Josep Palau et al.)

It is true that the reproductions are not so good, compared to Zervos, but
the goal is to identify all original works. Zervos gives better pictures
because he mostly photographed them at the artist's studios. The Picasso
Project, on the other hand, especially when it is completed, will provide a
much better organisation of all data, including sculptures and previously
unpublished works and location in case of public collections (not private ones).

At 15:14 18/12/98 EST, you wrote:
>I wonder if any one has subscribed to the new Picasso catalogue raisonne
>which is in progress from the Picasso Project. All I have is the
>aanouncement from Alan Wofsy, listing 9 volumes published so far. It
>certainly looks like a must buy, but i would appreciate any personal
>impressions and any reviews in the literature you may know of.
>Thanks as always.
>
>Stanley Shiebert
>        Librarian                       PHONE:  (206) 386-4615
>        Fine and Performing Arts        FAx:  (206) 386-4616
>        Seattle Public Library
>        1000 Fourth Avenue              INTERNET:  [log in to unmask]
>        Seattle, WA 98104

Lluís Bagunyŕ
MUSEU PICASSO
Montcada 15-19