Dear ARLIS/NA Members:  For your information, the management company that
headquarters

ARLIS is under new ownership

Contact: Michael F. Bumpass  336-378-6350

THE GREATER GREENSBORO MERCHANTS ASSOCIATION ACQUIRES OLSON MANAGEMENT
GROUP, A RALEIGH, NORTH CAROLINA-BASED ASSOCIATION MANAGEMENT COMPANY

January 29, 1999 Greensboro, NC   The Greater Greensboro Merchants
Association (GMA), a business trade association and financial service
provider, is pleased to announce the acquisition of Olson Management Group,
Inc. (OMG). OMG provides management services for professional and trade
associations. Ralph J. Marlatt, CAE, has been hired as OMG Vice President
and General Manager. According to GMA President Mike Bumpass, "OMG is a
natural fit, fulfilling our strategic plan of growing our association
management group, Professional Management Group. The opportunity to acquire
a leading management firm with an excellent professional staff and a
prestigious client portfolio positions us as a significant player."

Olson Management Group, Inc., founded in 1974 by Michael S. Olson, is a
client-based management firm dedicated to helping associations achieve
success while providing the highest quality service possible. OMG currently
has over 30 clients, ranging from local North Carolina groups to large
national and international clients. Commenting on the sale of his company,
former OMG President Mike Olson stated, "The association management
community is one of the premiere growth fields in the service sector and the
success and achievements of firms like Olson Management Group will be
greatly enhanced with the resources, expertise and commitment of GMA and its
leadership. I have every confidence the client trade associations and
professional societies at Olson Management Group will continue to be well
served and nurtured through this new relationship." Mr. Olson is President
and CEO of the American Society of Association Executives in Washington, DC.

Mr. Marlatt, who has worked in both the public and private sectors, was
President of RJM Consultants, an International Management Consulting
Company. He was President and CEO of the Insurance Federation of Minnesota
from 1978 to 1994. Earlier, he had been Vice President of Government and
Industry Affairs for the National Association of Professional Insurance
Agents and before that worked on Capitol Hill as a legislative assistant.

Commenting on his new assignment Marlatt said, "I look forward to working
with GMA and OMG s professional staff, and serving the OMG client
associations. OMG is engaged exclusively in the management of membership
organizations and we are committed to managing our clients in the most
professional manner possible. We see our growth in the growth of our clients
and believe that the strength GMA brings to OMG will allow us to continue
our organization."