Dear Judy,
If you haven't already done it, I would recommend that you take a look at the
"Art & Architecture Thesaurus"  http://www.ahip.getty.edu/aat_browser/  for
costume terminology.  The costume section was much expanded in the last few
years and incorporates a number of terms from the  "ICOM Basic Terms for
Cataloging Costume"  http://www.open.gov.uk/mdocassn/costume/vbt00e.htm, as
well as terms contributed by costume collections.
Both are worth looking at.
Elisa

ELISA LANZI
Lanzi/Warren Associates
Box 1046  Bennington, VT 05201
http://www.together.net/~elanzi
author of "Introduction to Vocabularies"
http://www.gii.getty.edu/intro_vocabularies/