Greetings and Good Morning.
Regarding the disjuncture between the current and retrospective
files for Art Index...  Wasn't there some discussion on this
list a year or so ago, to the effect that the Wilson Co. was
not FULLY cataloging and indexing the backfile data?  Please
correct me if I'm wrong.  My understanding was that they were
basically creating a huge text file of the retro citations that
we would only be able to keyword search.  Is this all a bad
dream on my part?  If it is not, this might explain why the
two pools of data are not being merged and presented in a more
unified aspect.  And, in fact, we might not want the current
and retro files merged if the same search strategy were not
to be effective for both.

Any other recollections or comments?

Linda Duychak, Reference
Kohler Art Library