We are offering color copies in the Homer Babbidge
Library building, a central library housing some subject libraries
and the general collection serving all disciplines. We have a Black &
white copier within the Art & Design Library. The color copier is
on the main services floor, one floor below the Art & Design Library,
where color copier services are now available again.  Color copier
services are offered along with other black and white copier
services, transparencies, etc, etc.etc.  Our color copier costs are
as follows: 8 1/2 by 11 @$1.00; 8 1/2 by 14 @$1.50; 11 by 17 @$3.00;
8 1/2 by 11 transparencies @$2.00. From past experience, color
copiers do break down more often than black & white and seem to need
service personnel who are familiar with mechanical
idiosyncrasies.-----tom j

On  5 Jan 99 at 12:27, Karen
Kinney wrote:

> I would like to know how many of you have color photocopies in your
> libraries.  I would also like to know how much you charge users and
> how the service is administered.  I understand that color copiers
> usually require an operator since the machines are more complex than
> the standard photocopy machine.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Karen Kinney
Thomas J. Jacoby
Art & Design Librarian, U-5AD
Art & Medieval Studies Bibliographer
University of Connecticut Libraries
369 Fairfield Road
Storrs, CT 06269-1005 U.S.A.
Phone:(860)486-2787; Voice Mail:(860)486-1243
FAX:(860)486-3593; E-Mail: [log in to unmask]