Error during command authentication.

Error - unable to initiate communication with LISTSERV (errno=10061, phase=CONNECT, target=127.0.0.1:2306). The server is probably not started. ----------------------------Original message---------------------------- Thanks for the Wilson interface info. I've never experienced it, except when we had cd-rom versions of the Art Index. I wonder if anyone has actually subscribed to Art Retro and is using it? Maybe their marketing scheme will crash. The Wilson rep is currently trying to negotiate a deal for us (several FL libraries), because, as you know, the $6000 base, even at a one time cost, was only for a single-user. Multiple users go up to $10,000 one time fee plus 5% of that amount annually. -- Ed > ---------- > From: Maureen E Dawley[SMTP:[log in to unmask]] > Sent: Thursday, January 28, 1999 10:32 AM > To: [log in to unmask] > Cc: [log in to unmask]; [log in to unmask]; > [log in to unmask]; [log in to unmask]; > [log in to unmask] > Subject: RE:Art Index Retrospective > > I share your concerns about the Retro being only > on the WilsonWeb Interface. > > I also have some serious problems > with the Wilson interface itself. The Wilson functionality > is better than FirstSearch Art Abstracts (provides hotlinks, searches > article illustrations/artist field etc.) but try to find out about > it!!?? > The interface is not complete nor is it consistent or connected to the > help and it's terminology. > Just one example: > the interface gives you a choice of searching "all categories" > but only gives you a few fields in the pull-down menu underneath > it. So, unless a user thinks to go to help they would never know > that there are more fields. > > The other thing that is irksome is that there seems > to be no way to set the citation default from anything > but brief. I found that the display changed back often to brief citation > from full almost each time I searched (and without logging > out of the session). > > > I'm disappointed with both FirstSearch and WilsonWeb > interfaces,and I think things need to be worked > out with both, but people here are used to > FirstSearch as imperfect as it is. And alas it comes > as a package with other databases at CMU so I'm hemmed > in anyway. > > I'm not considering getting the Retro currently > (and especially due to pricing and our situation). Wilson will definitely > hear from me. Firstsearch will hear from me again in light > of the Retro. > > Mo > > > > > > Mo Dawley > Art Librarian > University Libraries > Carnegie Mellon Univerity > Pittsburgh, PA 15213-3890 > > [log in to unmask] > (412) 268-6625 > fax: (412) 268-6944 >