The Art Research Library at the Los Angeles County Museum of Art is open to
the public by appointment - Mon., Tues., Thurs., and Fri., from 10-6.  We
are open for museum staff at 8AM.  When the museum changed its hours from
10-5, Tues - Sun. to 12-8, M,T,Th, F, S, Su,  we extended our hours to 6PM
from 5PM.  We have found that this extra hour is welcomed by both museum
staff and the public.  I expect that weekend or longer evening hours would
be desirable, however, we have not been given additional staff or money to
accomodate the museum administration's goal of increased public outreach
( the reason for the change in museum hours).

Deborah Barlow Smedstad
Head Librarian