Dear Colleagues,

A student is trying to find examples--either figurative or literal--of
"bubbles" in literature or art (of any style or period). I'm rather drawing
a blank.

He has found several entries in a Shakespeare Concordance which he will
investigate further and I have suggested that he see what the WWW has to
offer (you never know if some bubble-fetishist out there will have a site).
I've looked through our meager resources including several dictionaries of
signs and symbols, the World Painting Index, and the Oxford Companion to
20th-century Literature, but to no avail.

I'm hoping that someone out there with, perhaps, ICONOCLASS or some other
source, like a literary concordance can site some myths, legends, fairy
tales, folklore, or other stories, or artists who may have dealt with this
theme or image in their work.

Please contact me off the list.
Thanks, in advance, for your help with this.

Debbie

*****

Deborah L. Barlow
Head Librarian