Regarding:                    RE>E-Mail Reference
Joan,

You/list members can review/peruse/download our just completed Free White
Paper an "Executive Guide to Managing Your Orgs Email'. Use code/id 145 at
<http://www.surveyssay.com>  Topics include latest list serve / discussion
technology / tools for creating on line communities  *Note* you may also
use this code/id 110 for additional Free trial demos & White Papers . .
.i.e. Survey Principles et.al. of interest at our site. Please feel free to
extend this invitation to your Staff/Depts.

At 09:17 AM 12/28/1998 -0500, Joan Stahl wrote:
>The National Museum of American Art has been providing e-mail reference
>for approximately 6 years. We have a Web-based form
>[http://www.nmaa.si.edu/referencedesk/] and a link from America Online
>to our Web site. We average approximately 350-450 questions/month and
>accept questions from the general public. We provide factual information
>with referrals to printed and electronic resources, as well as people
>resources, for additional information. I have written a few articles on
>our service and these have appeared in past issues of Art Documentation.
>The email reference service at the museum is part of the Virtual
>Reference Desk Project of the Department of Education. For detailed
>information about our service, you can also visit the VRD
>[http://http://www.vrd.org/] web site.
>  The VRD has recently published a handbook titled "AskA Starter Kit:
>How to Build and Maintain Digital Reference Services" that you might
>find useful.
>
>Joan Stahl, Coordinator Image Collections,National Museum of American
>Art
>
>Joan Stahl, National Museum of American Art: Room 331,
>Smithsonian Institution, Washington, DC 20560
>(e-mail)[log in to unmask]  (voice) 202-357-1348

Jim Henry, Ex Dir Strategic Alliances
<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
JH&A  614.834.9408 / 888.859.8644 VOICE  /  614.834.9964 FAX
<http://www.surveyssay.com>    Updated 11-7-98
'E Mail Solutions'  Free Trial Demos/WhitePapers Use code/id 110