folks:

two suggestions-

1) the message got through to us because the list is not being monitored
right now.  because the message reached all of us through the list, you are
just sending back a message to the list when you hit reply to get off the list.

2) to top this off, i would NOT send these people a message to get your name
removed.  let me repeat the first point: you have received this message
through the ARLIS list, so they have none of our names and addresses in the
first place.  if you send them a message saying stop you are in reality
giving them a new working email address so they can send you future spam!

good luck, and please stop hitting that reply button!