I am delighted to be able to announce the full roster of speakers for the
workshop on Special Collections in the Art Library, to be held on Saturday,
27 March.

The speakers and their topics are:

Paula Baxter, Curator, Art & Architecture Collection,
New York Public Library
"Real Life; Or, How I Overcame My Lack of Rare Book Training"

Alice M. Cornell, Head, Archives and Rare Books and Editor-in-Chief,
University of Cincinnati Digital Press, University of Cincinnati
"Facsimiles and the UC Digital Press"

Rosemary M. Haddad, Canadian Centre for Architecture Library
"What is Low, Raise and Support:  The Familiar and the Unfamiliar in the
Library Collection"

Prof. Carole Knicely, Fine Arts Dept.,  University of British Columbia
"How Art Historians and Their Students Use Facsimiles"

Linda M. Kruger, Queens College,
"Education For Rare Book Librarians"

Laurence McGilvery, Art Book Dealer
"Acquiring Rare Books From the Point of View of the Rare Book Dealer"

Elizabeth A. Robinson, Principal Rare Book Cataloguer,
Huntington Library
"Rare Book Cataloging for Art Special Collections"

Victoria Steele, Head, Special Collections,
University of Southern California
"Future Trends in Special Collections"

Included in the day will be a tour of Vancouver Public Library's Special
Collections.

Be sure to register early, as the workshop is limited to 25 participants.

Amy

Amy Navratil Ciccone
University of Southern California
Los Angeles, CA 90089-0182