What the hell is going on?  I read the original posting and don't remember
it well enough to know what all the fuss was about.  If it had been unusual
or sexist or offensive in any way, I am sure I would remember.

Along these same lines, let me ask you this:

Our committee that puts together our web page has an ongoing discussion
about this.  Tell me what you think.

We currently put gay/lesbian sites under appropriate topics.  For example,
on our travel page, under special travelers, there are subsections for
senior travelers, "petted travelers" (folks who travel with their pets,
disabled travelers, and homosexual travelers.  The gay subsection has two
links to sites that specialize in gay resorts, or whatever.

We've just put up a social issues page.  Some people on the committee think
we should keep doing what we are doing now, but have a subsection on the
social issues page titled Gay/Lesbian.  I think we should have a whole
separate Gay/Lesbian page because I think social issues implies that it's a
"lifestyle choice," as the fundamentalist Xns think.  It's not like handgun
ownership for which there are obstensibly two sides.

What do you think?

Polly