Greetings To All On This List,

I am an American living in Australia looking to return to
the USA and have a few questions I would like to direct
to the list, if I may!

I have a Fine Arts degree from Washington State University
granted in 1997 (under my maiden name of CARLSON) and would
like to ask list members at art libraries:  do most art library staff
positions require an MLS from an ALA accredited schools?

I ask, because I desire to find employment in the US with a
art library and would like to know if members on this list
advise I return to school to obtain a MLS--or perhaps
try and secure a entry-level full-time position at a library
and concurrently take part-time classes towards a MLA?
While at uni, I took a course in bookbinding and would also
like to incorporate this skill in a art library position as
well.

Two of my New Years resolutions are to return to the US and
to find an art librarian type position so that I may combine
my love of art and books in one career! :-)

Any information that list members may have would be greatly appreciated and
can be e-mailed to me directly at:

Many thanks in advance!

Jennifer Wood