Here are a couple of responses that came to me individually before the request
to post the names of distributors of artists' videos to the list:

From Deborah Ultan, Washington University:

Electronic Arts Intermix: http://www.eai.org/catalogue

Alive and Kicking: http://www.ps122.org/palive.htm

Media Art Distribution: http://www.235media.com/whatsnew.html
From Mona Chapin, Cincinnait Art Museum:

This does not answer your question exactly but might be of help.  I have
the telephone number of a place called "Videofinders" that can tell you
who distributes almost any video tape for which you may be searching.
I've only used them when looking for something very specific but maybe
the help with your question.  The numbers are Tel: 1-800-799-1199; Fax:
1-818-637-5276.

Thanks to all those who responded to my request.

Gail Gilbert
Margaret M. Bridwell Art Library
Schneider Hall
University of Louisville