Dr. Penny Bealle

Dear Colleagues,
Request: We would be grateful to learn about your experiences creating a
small media center.  Thank you.

We are creating a small media center in our art library at Queens College.
We have a room that is approximately 16' x 21'.  We may include:
-3 internet and CD ROM workstations (served by a CD ROM tower).  The
computers will be linked to a projector and a flat bed scanner.
-a small circulating slide collection, plus light table, and slide
projector.
The projectors will enable students to practise presentations.  The center
will be for staff and students to work on projects.  The room is near the
reference desk, but separate from it.  The media center will not have a
staff member in the room at all times.

If anyone who has recently created a small media center could provide us
with recommendations from their experiences we would be most grateful.
Thank you.  I wish you a happy holiday season.
Sincerely,
Penny Bealle
Art Library, Queens College/CUNY