----------------------------Original message---------------------------- Hello ARLIS subscribers. I need to ask you what kind of measures you take to thwart vandalism and / or theft of certain types of periodicals. We have very large runs of fashion, art and architecture titles that regularly get razored when left unsupervised. I'm particularly interested in hearing from larger public institutions, however the experiences of academic libraries will be gladly accepted. Do you allow full access to your titles? Are they viewed in a contained and / or supervised area? Do you permit the users to photocopy their own material? If not, does the staff photocopy materials on demand? Do you impose limitations for photocopying in order to preserve the materials? Please respond to me off the list. Thanks in advance. Margaret English Architecture + Periodicals Librarian Toronto Reference Library [log in to unmask]