Hello ARLIS subscribers.
I need to ask you what kind of measures you take to thwart vandalism
and / or theft of certain types of periodicals.   We have very large runs
of fashion, art and architecture titles that regularly get razored when left
unsupervised.   I'm particularly interested in hearing from larger public
institutions, however the experiences of academic libraries will be gladly
accepted.  Do you allow full access to your titles?  Are they viewed in a
contained  and / or supervised area? Do you permit the users to
photocopy their own material?   If not, does the staff photocopy materials
on demand?  Do you impose limitations for photocopying in order to
preserve the materials?

Please respond to me off the list.  Thanks in advance.
Margaret English
Architecture + Periodicals Librarian
Toronto Reference Library