Colleagues,

I am pleased to announce that the 1999 Kress Fellow in Art Librarianship at
Yale University will be Lena Stebley.  Ms Stebley has a BA in art history
from UC Berkeley and is just now completing her MLIS at the School of
Library and Information Science at San Jose State University. She
contributed to a recent Mellon Foundation grant study on "The Cost of
Digital Image Distribution".  This project was based in part upon an
evaluation of the Museum Educational Site Licensing Project and the entire
report is available at:

http://www.sims.berkeley.edu/research/mellon/

Ms Stebley's chapter (Chapter 6) deals with "faculty perspectives on
teaching with digital images".  Along with Howard Besser, principal
investigator, and others, she will be participating in sessions at both the
ARLIS/NA and VRA 1999 national conferences at which the results of this
study will be presented.

Ms Stebley will be joining us at Yale in January and will be in residence
through August.  She looks forward to meeting her art library colleagues
both here in New England and from further afield.

I would like to take this opportunity to acknowledge publicly the lively
interest the Kress Fellowship in Art Librarianship at Yale continues to
generate, and to thank the many colleagues who have expressed an interest
in this program.

Max Marmor
Yale