Many thanks to Ed Deegan for his compilation or transportation alternatives.

I would just like to add that Amtrak will be starting a service between
Vancouver and Seattle sometime in late December.  When the details are
known, I will post them.

I would also caution that there are a lot of problems associated with
taking a rental car across the border - especially one way - be certain
that your rental agent is aware that you're crossing the border.  Be aware
also that Canadian cars are programmed to have their headlights on at all
times.

One way passengers would be welcomed on the ARLIS/NA tour to Seattle - but
would have to pay the full cost of the tour.

I'm looking forward to greeting many of you in Vancouver in March.

Cheryl Siegel
Co-Chair, Program
ARLIS/NA 1999Conference
Vancouver, B.C.

Cheryl A. Siegel, Librarian
Vancouver Art Gallery  750 Hornby St.  Vancouver, B.C. V6Z 2H7
(604) 662-4709  fax (604) 682-1086      [log in to unmask]