Stan,

If you are looking for bibliographies that aren't as specialized as Artnzen
& Rainwater, et al., but include a significant number of art titles (as
well as other subjects), there are two or three books you might try.

"Books for College Libraries: a core collection of 50,000 titles"  (latest
ed. is 1988) is geared towards undergraduate libraries.  The "Reader's
Advisor" (the 14th ed. came out a few years ago) is more focused on public
libraries and the general reader.   Finally, there is "Choice's Outstanding
Academic Books, 1992-1997", just published by ALA, which includes the
Choice reviews.

I hope this helps.

Amy

Amy Navratil Ciccone