Michelle,
I have had good success in offering superceded Sweets to
architecture school faculties.  There is always at least
one faculty member who is also in practice and agrees to
take a recent edition for her/his office.  Check with the
folks at UC Berkeley about distributing a message to
faculty.

-- jack

* * * * * * * *
Jack Robertson.  Fine Arts Librarian
Fiske Kimball Fine Arts Library
University of Virginia
(804) 924-6601
www.lib.virginia.edu/fine-arts/

On Mon, 28 Dec 1998 10:53:19 -0800 "Lieggi, Michelle"
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> I have a few sets of the Sweets catalog from 1995, 1996 and 1997 in my
> library.  I plan to discard these in a few weeks unless they are claimed by
> in-house staff.
>
> These sets consist of 16 volumes each.  I hate to simply throw them away,
> but I'm not sure what else to do with them.
>
> Are there any architectural librarians with a similar concern?  Has anyone
> found an alternative to simply throwing them in the trash (e.g., donating
> them to another office, sending them to a recycler)?
>
> Any comments are appreciated.
>
> Michelle Lieggi
> Librarian
> Kaplan McLaughlin Diaz