Jeff Weidman (by way of Mary Molinaro ) wrote:

> Colleagues,
> Can anyone confirm and/or elucidate the following information/rumor.
>
> I've heard that the ILL microfilm arm of the Archives of American Art is
> moving from Detroit to Washington, D.C., and that ILL service will be
> interrupted for some time (time not known).  The Detroit ILL office is
> being closed, I think, as the Boston office has already been closed.
>
> I really need to know how long the ILL service will be unavailable and if
> the above info. is accurate.
>
> Many thanks,
>
> Jeffrey Weidman
> Associate Librarian for Access Services and Collection Development
> Spencer Art Reference Library
> Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art
> 4525 Oak Street
> Kansas City, MO  64111-1873
> voice: (816) 751-0409
> fax: (816) 561-7154
> e-mail: [log in to unmask]
        I have the press release in front of me. The Archives will not be able
to loan microfilm between 10/23 and January 4, 99. If you hve questions,
call 202-357-2781 or Fax 202-786-2608. (These #s are the Washington
Center for the Archives of American Art, not mine)
        I can fax a copy of the memo to those who have not seen it.
                Susan