Error during command authentication.

Error - unable to initiate communication with LISTSERV (errno=10061, phase=CONNECT, target=127.0.0.1:2306). The server is probably not started. ----------------------------Original message---------------------------- October 16, 1998 Have finally taken time to explore the ARLIS web site and was amazed (and very proud as a long-standing ARLIS member) at not only how attractive and easy-to- navigate it is, but at the very large number of lists of and links to other useful art-related sites. Don't fail to visit Webmaster Lee Sorenson's web admin. site; it would be easy to overlook unless you wanted to communicate with him, which I did to express my admiration. There are additional wonderful links there on his "virtual messy desk" and elsewhere on his well- designed--and entertaining--site. The main reason I wanted to address the ARLIS-L list about the web site is that without even trying I found the answers to several questions that have been presented on the list recently. To name but one: a terrific list of electronic art journals. So--if you've never visited our web site, or haven't recently, I recommend it highly--especially to reference librarians. And thanks to Lee's predecessors--all the web designers and administrators who have added to its usefulness since it was started several years ago. And on another matter entirely--I have a new home address, a new professional address, new phone nos., and a new e-mail address since the last ARLIS directory was issued. If you've tried to reach me and failed, send me an e- mail at: [log in to unmask] and I'll respond ASAP. Cheers, Joan Benedetti