----------------------------Original message---------------------------- ARLIS DELAWARE VALLEY CHAPTER FALL MEETING The Fall 1998 meeting of the Delaware Valley Chapter of ARLIS/NA will take place on Wednesday, November 4th, at the Philadelphia Museum of Art. Barbara Sevy, Museum Guide, and former PMA Librarian and ARLIS/DVC member will give us a tour of the exhibition, Delacroix: The Late Work. Lunch and a business meeting will follow from noon to 2:00 p.m. in the Museum s Committee room. MEETING SCHEDULE 9:15: Meet in West Entrance Foyer **Please check your coats, briefcases, and bags with the coat check at this time. 9:30--ca. 10:30: Tour with Barbara Sevy of Delacroix: The Late Work. 10:30--Noon: Free time to continue in exhibition, other galleries, or visit PMA Library and Slide Library (this break is due to space limitations in coordinating the tour with our meeting). Noon--ca.12:45: Lunch in the Committee Room. Meet outside Marion Angell and Francis Boyer Library, located in the Director s Corridor, just off the American Crafts Corridor on the ground floor. **NOTE: A catered box lunch will be available for $10.00, or you are welcome to bring your own. The box lunch consists of a sandwich (choose from three types), chef s daily pasta salad, whole fruit, brownie, and chilled soft drink. Coffee and tea will be served as well. 12:45 2:00: Business meeting. If you plan to attend this meeting, please fill out the following registration form and return via e-mail, fax or regular mail by Monday, October 26, to: Mary Wassermann, Vice-President Slide Library Philadelphia Museum of Art Box 7646 Philadelphia, PA 19101-7646 Fax 215-236-0534 [log in to unmask] For information on Delacroix, the Late Works, or the Museum, visit our website at http://www.philamuseum.org Please contact Mary Wassermann, ARLIS/DVC Vice-President at 215-684-7658 or [log in to unmask] if you have any questions. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- REGISTRATION FOR ARLIS/DVC FALL MEETING, WEDS. 11/04/98, PHILADELPHIA MUSEUM OF ART Name: Institution: Address: E-mail: Telephone: Box lunch? Please indicate Sandwich choice: Turkey/Swiss/Lettuce/Tomato/Kaiser Roll Roast Beast/Provolone/Lettuce/Tomato/Kaiser Roll Grilled Vegetables/Mozzarella/Kaiser Roll -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- DIRECTIONS TO THE PHILADELPHIA MUSEUM OF ART 26th Street and the Benjamin Franklin Parkway, Philadelphia, PA 19101, 215-763-8100 FOR DETAILED MAPS, PLEASE GO TO: http://www.philamuseum.org/html/directns.html Public transportation SEPTA - (215) 580-7800 SEPTA (Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority) serves the Philadelphia region with subway-elevated, light rail, trackless trolley, bus routes, and commuter rail lines. Currently SEPTA buses Nos. 7, 32, 38, 43, 48, 76 serve the Museum. PHLASH - (215) 4PHLASH The PHLASH Downtown Visitor Shuttle, which circulates through hotel, entertainment, and historic districts in Center City, provides direct service between Center City and the Museum for $1.50 per one-way trip or $3.00 for a day pass. PATCO - travel from southern New Jersey to Center City From southern locations South Jersey, Baltimore, Washington Take I-95 North. Exit onto I-676 West. Follow directions from I-676 West (see below). From northern locations New York, Connecticut, North Jersey Take the New Jersey Turnpike to Exit 4. Go north on route 73 (1 mile) to the cloverleaf that connects you with route 38 West. Take 38 West towards Philadelphia to route 30 West (follow signs for the Benjamin Franklin Bridge). Go over the bridge and follow the signs for I-676 West. Follow directions from I-676 West (see below). FROM I-676 WEST Vine Street Expressway Take 676 West to the Museum Exit (22nd Street), on the right side. At the end of the ramp, go right onto 22nd Street (one-way) and get into the far left lane. The Benjamin Franklin Parkway is a boulevard with two outside lanes and two inside lanes. Turn left onto the parkway towards the Museum, which will be in front of you on the hill. Go one-quarter of the way around the traffic circle in the right lanes and follow the sign for the Art Museum. After the sign, get in the far left lane and turn left at the first stop light (Art Museum Drive). Follow this up to the West entrance of the Museum, where there is limited parking. From western locations Valley Forge, King of Prussia, etc. Take I-76 East to Philadelphia. Exit at right onto Spring Garden Avenue. At end of exit ramp go left. Continue past the side of the Museum, through the first traffic light, and around Eakins Oval, staying in the far left lane. Turn left at the second traffic light and then bear right. Follow the sign for the Art Museum. After the sign, get in the far left lane and turn left at the first traffic light (Art Museum Drive). Follow this up to the West entrance of the Museum, where there is limited parking. Parking Parking for the Museum is available in Eakins Oval, on the Upper Terrace, in the Azalea Garden, and along Kelly Drive. See a detailed map of the streets surrounding the Museum. There is a fee for parking in Eakins Oval and on the Upper Terrace: $5 for up to 6 hours and $10 for any period over 6 hours. Parking fees will be charged at the following times: Eakins Oval (7 days a week) Thursday through Tuesday, 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Wednesday, 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. Upper Terrace Level (Saturday and Sunday only) Saturday and Sunday, 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Public parking at all other times is free.