Although I am a fan of Amazon.com, I have been less than thrilled with
the reulsts of their  out-of- print service. They have twice shipped me
broken sets without informing me of such, or of their even knowing that
the title was a multi-volume publication! I am located in Thailand, so
to return the unwanted books to Amazon.com, who is willing to take them
back, is often more costly than the title. they are also buying books
off the usual suspects, ABEbooks.com, Interlock.com, etc. at ridiculous
markups. I know they're loosing money, but  when I deal with their
out-of-print service so am I .
At http://www.powells.com one can find excellent used hard copies of
countless titles for about the same price as a new paperback from
Amazon. For most institutions and librarians,  budgets are no joking
matter. To get the same title at usually a 30-50 % savings is
significant.

Bruce Miller
SDI Publications