Barbara:

This is indeed our understanding at Duke.  All our holdings (we lack volume
2) come from the largess of visiting faculty.  Attempts to set up standing
orders have likewise been fruitless.  This is a very old world conception
of information dispersal.  I wonder if there is something that art
librarians could do as a group to bring a formal request that the Institute
change its policy?

Lee

>We've been trying to initiate a subscription to Silk Road Art and
>Archaeology for over a year and have had absolutely no success. We've
>contacted the publisher (Institute of Silk Road Studies,
>120-14 Nikaido Kamakura-shi Japan 248), we've tried our Japanese
>vendors, and I've contacted colleagues in other art
>libraries (only to discover they receive their copies through
>publication exchange programs).  If anyone has an active
>paid subscription to this title please contact me and let me know
>your source.  Also, if anyone has back issues of the title they'd
>like to sell, trade, or donate to Hillyer Art Library please contact
>me to discuss.
>
>Thank you.
>
>Barbara Polowy
>

>Barbara Polowy, Art Librarian
>Hillyer Art Library, Smith College
>Northampton, MA 01063

Lee R. Sorensen  "Kunstige Boekmeester"
Librarian and Bibliographer for Art History and Dance
Duke University Lilly Library
Box 90727
Durham, NC  27708-0727

Phone:  919/660-5994                 [log in to unmask]
FAX:    919/660-5999                 [log in to unmask]

http://www.lib.duke.edu/lilly/artlibry/artlibry.htm

Purgamentum init, exit purgamentum.